Cape Privacy is looking for a front-end software engineer to help build and evolve our innovative encrypted predictions product. Ideal candidates will have meaningful experience building public customer-facing web applications. Cape is a fully-remote, growing startup, and we are looking for team members in the United States and Canada.
- Collaborate with Product and UX design team on user interface specifications.
- Collaborate with software engineers on design and development of user interface APIs.
- Implement functional, elegant, efficient, and delightful web-based user interfaces.
- Conduct thorough testing and integration of your work.
- Conduct thoughtful reviews of teammates' work.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Participate in stand-up meetings to review progress and perform planning.
- Stay current with web interface development standards and trends.
- Introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to keep product current.
- A great attitude, effective communication skills, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and collaborative environment.
- A degree in a technical or scientific field; or equivalent experience, education or training.
- Expertise with modern web development frameworks and tools (TypeScript, React, Next.js)
- Experience with testing technologies (Jest, Testing Library, and Cypress or Playwright)
- Expertise in building complex layouts with HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with design software, such as Figma.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment lifecycles.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices using GitHub.
- Ability to effectively analyze and triage production software problems.
- Experience with fp-ts, d3, or Tailwind CSS.
- Experience working in small startup environments.
- Passion about making inclusive and accessible interfaces.
- Experience designing websites or applications.
Why Cape Privacy?
Cape Privacy is a secure, self-service platform for running AI predictions on encrypted data in Snowflake. Cape’s platform protects security and privacy by default using secure multiparty computation, which keeps data encrypted in-use. This means users can unlock powerful insights from highly confidential data that remains encrypted, providing a more precise understanding of market, customer, and product trends.
At Cape, you'll be working on truly novel technology, working with a fast-growing team of cryptographers, machine learning researchers, and software engineers where you can grow your expertise, share knowledge, and keep learning. We take pride in our work; foster a culture of collaboration, integrity, diversity, and humility; practice continuous improvement; and we take great care of our customers.
Cape, Inc. is based in New York City and Halifax Canada, and is backed by Evolution Equity Partners, Tiger Global Management, Boldstart ventures, Version One Ventures, Ridgeline Partners, Haystack, and Radical Ventures. Visit capeprivacy.com for more information.